Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
1. Target group:
We know that the HoReCa category emphasizes on quality, variety and freshness. We also know that SCOs strive for a healthy lifestyle. Whether you desire an extensive variety of assortments or you want to purchase organic products, METRO is the place for you. All these varieties are also available at the most affordable prices which is an extremely important parameter a trader looks for when buying a product.
2. Quality standards:
We take every step to assure you of the highest level of freshness and hygiene:
- Directly sourced from farms through our collection centers across India
- Daily fresh produce ensured
- Sorted and graded twice by trained personnel
- Sourced from production hubs; for instance onions are sourced from the Nasik region, exotic vegetables like broccolis, bell-peppers, zucchini, etc. are procured from Rampura, Karnataka
- No use of harmful ripening agents
- Regular development programs for farmers and suppliers are carried out to improve skills and quality
- Fruits and vegetables are well-below the standard Maximum Residue Level or Maximum Residue Limit(MRL) which is the maximum permissible amount of pesticide residue that should be left behind in a crop for safe consumption
3. Why METRO?
Freshness and hygiene are a must when it comes to fruits and vegetables. We procure our stocks from the best sources, handle and store them in accordance with stringent standard procedures and offer you a superb selection. Here at METRO, we strive to ensure that our customer requirements are met at the most affordable prices
Worried about pests & diseases? Concerned about how fresh your fruits and vegetables are? Striving for a healthy lifestyle? We, at METRO, understand your needs and hence have implemented a Hydroponics System just for you. Hydroponics as the name suggests, is basically growing crops in water WITHOUT SOIL. “How is that possible?” Well technically, plants don’t require soil but they just require the nutrients and water present in it.
So, what are the benefits of Hydroponics :
- Pesticide / Insecticide free – Our crops are devoid of any chemicals
- Conserves Water – Crops use 2/3rd less water and they also grow in a shorter span of time
- Freshness Assured – Choose the crop you want by directly picking them out from the system
Visit us for a great instore experience, now!
We have a wide variety of assortments from fresh fruits, dry fruits to leafy greens, cruciferous, marrows, roots, etc.
- Cruciferous – cauliflower, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, collard greens, etc.
- Fresh Fruits – apples, bananas, citrus fruits, guavas, peaches, mangoes, strawberries, litchis, etc.
- Leafy Greens – lettuce, spinach, silverbeet, etc.
- Legumes – beans, peas, lentil, jicama, soy, etc.
- Marrow – pumpkins, cucumber, zucchini, the gourd family, etc.
- Roots – potato, sweet potato, yam, etc.
5. Different types of varieties within these products:
You’ll be amazed at the range of choices we offer:
- From imported varieties of Apples like Fuji, Granny Smith, Washington Red Delicious to the different varieties of Grapes like Red Globe California, Black Seedless, Green Seedless, etc., all of which are guaranteed to excite your taste buds
- We also have a diverse range of vegetables from brinjals, capsicums, potatoes which are cooked everyday to veggies like mint, zucchini which are consumed less frequently
- We also have organic fruits and vegetables available especially for the health conscious.
- A strong seasonal focus, for instance we provide the widest variety and availability of mangoes during mango season like Alphonso, Dasheri, Kesar, Langra, etc.